Deep Sea Fishing
Where is the best seafood in Isla Mujeres? The best seafood is surrounding the island living just beneath the vast ocean surface. Can you imagine the sensation of feeling the first tug on your fishing line, the thrill of pulling your catch on board, and the alluring scent coming off the grill afterwards, while watching your feast being prepared in front of you by local fishermen, listening to their big fish stories and about Isla Mujeres’ fishing history and culture that was once a small fishing village?
Join our local captains and guides on an unforgettable Offshore or Deep Sea Fishing adventure during your next visit to Isla Mujeres. We will start the day off early, head out to the best fishing sites, and go on an unforgettable journey into the depths of the ocean surrounding Isla Mujeres. After your catch has been fully cleaned for you by the first mate, we can also offer you the best pricing on having your fish prepared at a local restaurant or at your private home or vacation rental property by only the very best local seafood experts, where you will experience the true way that local islanders eat.
What You Might Catch
- Barracuda and sometimes other species (Year Round)
Each Additional Hour: $100 up to 8 hours
$50 USD each additional person up to 6 ppl
- What’s Included:
- Booking Information:
- Instructional and Fully Assisted Fishing Trip
- All Fishing Gear and Fresh Bait
- Shaded Comfortable Boat (with restroom upon request)
- Certified Bilingual Captain and Guide
- Sandwiches and Fruit on the Boat
- Soft Drinks, Water & Beer
- Discount at a local restaurant to have your fresh catch prepared for you after the trip.
- Pickup available in Cancun Hotel Zone & Punta Sam for Additional Cost (please inquire HERE)
To make sure that you have the best fishing experience possible we make the following recommendations:
- Avoid consuming alcohol the day before the trip
- Take a Dramamine pill the night before and the morning of the trip. We provide them for you in case you forget.
- Bring an underwater camera and a floating handle, or rent one from us!
- Wear a long sleeve swim shirt, hat, and/or reef-safe sunscreen.
- Arrive to the marina 15 minutes before your trip is scheduled.
- Remember: Ocean Fishing is an adventure sport, there is no way to guarantee or predict how many, which species, or where these creatures are from day to day. The most important thing to assure that you have the best experience possible is to go with a reputable company like Isla Spirit Adventures, who has professional captains and responsible guides that know the best fishing areas and techniques, and will inform you of any predictable weather and fishing conditions a week before your scheduled tour, which allows time to reschedule or cancel your trip with a full refund.
A 50% deposit is required to reserve your desired tour dates. Whale Shark tours fill up months before the season starts, and it is highly recommended that you reserve your spot as soon as possible. All deposits can be paid through our BOOK NOW page and the remainder can be paid either via PayPal (plus 4.5% PayPal fees) or in cash on the day of the tour.
Canceling 1 week or more before activity – 0% penalty (full deposit refund)
Canceling between 1 week to 2 days before activity – 50% penalty (half of deposit refunded)
Canceling 48 hours or less before activity – 100% penalty (no deposit refund)
If activity is canceled due to port closure, Isla Spirit Adventures will work with clients to rebook activity; if activity cannot be rebooked due to port closure before client’s official departure, deposit will be returned in full.